The US is one of the most dangerous developed countries to give birth and these poor maternal-fetal outcomes disproportionately impact minority women and underserved populations across major US cities.
Cayaba Care’s mission is to improve outcomes in communities by reimagining how maternity care is delivered. Our team is focused on building technology-enabled solutions to deliver clinical and non-clinical services in-home or in-office. The Cayaba Care care model focuses on integration not replacement of patients’ primary Obstetric provider and reducing any barriers to the patient receiving the recommended care.
About the Job
Cayaba is seeking a Director - Marketing and Communication. The ideal candidate will be passionate about our mission to serve low-income families and feel comfortable conducting market research and executing market strategies to help achieve business goals. This role will involve brand management and marketing, including content creation, project management, and external communications. This highly motivated candidate will lead projects independently and report directly to the company’s CEO.
You will be a good fit for Cayaba Care if you:
- Have a passion for doing impactful work
- Ready to roll up your sleeves in fast-paced startup environments
- Hold yourself accountable for making and exceeding established goals
- Have a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Are extremely creative with innovative ideas about marketing futuristic products
What You’ll Do
- Conduct primary research using various techniques to segment populations, identify patient needs, and how they make healthcare choices
- Ability to design tests and generate insights for brand positioning and product development
- Develop marketing strategy that aligns with business objectives
- Manages the development and updating of B2C marketing and communication assets, such as advertising, collateral, website content, direct marketing, e-mails, presentation decks, newsletters, required patient materials, and letters. This includes writing marketing briefs (as appropriate), developing copy, reviewing with key stakeholders and legal, and measuring and analyzing results, where applicable.
- Oversees production of advertising, content and collateral for assigned areas, including the management of timelines and budgets.
- Manages day-to-day relationships with external marketing vendors, including printers, promotional suppliers, freelancers, creative and media agencies.
- Prepares and disseminates regular competitive reports, including intel on competitor advertising, website, social media, collateral
- Maintains up-to-date understanding of the healthcare industry including key customers and competitor organizations. Keeps informed about significant regulatory changes impacting Cayaba business.
- Participates in special projects and performs other job duties as required
Who you are
Education: Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field. Masters degree a plus
- Minimum of five years experience in market research, brand marketing, advertising, communications or other relevant experience required.
- Healthcare experience is a must
- Start-up experience and demonstrated experience in growing/launching new products a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills and strong project
- Intermediate to advanced capabilities using Google Workplace, Excel, Powerpoint, Adobe Acrobat, and MailChimp.
Why you should join
A career at Cayaba Care is an opportunity to work on an important issue facing families today - our country’s maternal and fetal health crisis. Our team of clinicians is working together to help improve health outcomes in underserved populations. Opportunities for advancement with increasing administrative or management opportunities. At Cayaba Care, we are focused on building a company where individuals from all backgrounds have the opportunity to succeed and contribute to our mission. Competitive compensation and benefits.
What you get
Salary: Competitive with market and level of experience; $70,000 - $100,000 per year
Benefits: Health, Dental, Life insurance, 401K
Travel: 25% travel
Other: In office in Newark downtown 4 days per week