Job Location: New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore/DC
The US is one of the most dangerous developed countries to give birth and these poor maternal-fetal outcomes disproportionately impact minority women and underserved populations across major US cities.
Cayaba Care’s mission is to improve outcomes in communities by reimagining how maternity care is delivered. Our team is focused on building technology-enabled solutions to deliver clinical and non-clinical services in-home or in-office. The Cayaba Care care model focuses on integration not replacement of patients’ primary Obstetric provider and reducing any barriers to the patient receiving the recommended care.
About the Job
Cayaba is seeking a Director/VP, Strategic Operations. The ideal candidate will be passionate about our mission to serve low-income families and building innovative solutions to improve maternity/newborn outcomes. The candidate will also have broad healthcare experience with specific leadership experience in healthcare delivery organizations (provider groups or health systems) and have familiarity with healthcare reimbursement systems (health insurance, fee-for-service/value-based contracting). This role will work closely with the CEO to ensure alignment across internal teams to ensure Cayaba Care is achieving overall business strategic objectives.
You will be a good fit for Cayaba Care if you:
- Have a passion for doing impactful work and improving maternal and newborn outcomes
- Are ready to roll up your sleeves and be hands on in a fast-paced startup environments
- Have a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Are a strong communicator, executive manager, and goal oriented
- Have an ability to work and lead cross-functionally with diverse team with different skill sets
- Have a strong belief in home-based or other innovative delivery approaches to disrupt or improve our current traditional delivery models.
What You’ll Do
- Architect, champion, and curate the organization’s operating model
- Work directly with the CEO to define and prioritize Cayaba Care’s short-term and long-term business strategy
- Ensure that Product, Operations, and Partnership/Business development strategies align to deliver on company short-term and long-term business strategy
- Work directly with the CEO and leaders of Cayaba Care functional teams (Marketing, Operations, Product, and Partnerships) to define and ensure alignment with company-wide priorities and OKrs
- Be very hands on - identify any potential gaps and inefficiencies in Cayaba Care functional team areas and build plans to address gaps and ensure success
- Lead and organize content creation for key documents including board decks and investor communications
- Shape objectives and agenda for all c-suite and leadership team meetings as well as company All-hands - ensuring the right topics are discussed, facilitate effective discussion and documentation, and manage related follow-ups on action items
- Maintains up-to-date understanding of the healthcare industry including key customers and competitor organizations. Keeps informed about significant regulatory changes impacting Cayaba business.
- Participates in special projects and performs other job duties as required
Who are you?
Education: Bachelors required, Advanced degree a plus (MBA, MPH)
- 8+ years progressive experience in healthcare delivery organizations or payers
- Demonstrated ability to deliver business results in various healthcare settings
- Demonstrated experience guiding high-performing leaders in working collaboratively to achieve business goals
- Ability to influence and communicate directly with leadership teams to drive accountability and delivering of results
- Trustworthiness to handle very confidential information
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to create structure and build scalable business processes
- Experience in start-ups or successfully launching clinical service lines a plus
- Management Consulting experience a plus
- Advanced capabilities using Google Workplace, Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated excellence guiding high-performing executive teams in working together to achieve company and/or business unit goals
Why should you join?
A career at Cayaba Care is an opportunity to work on an important issue facing families today - our country’s maternal and fetal health crisis. Our team of clinicians is working together to help improve health outcomes in underserved populations. Opportunities for advancement with increasing administrative or management opportunities. At Cayaba Care, we are focused on building a company where individuals from all backgrounds have the opportunity to succeed and contribute to our mission. Competitive compensation and benefits.
What do you get?
Hours: Full-time preferred
Salary: Competitive with market and level of experience
Benefits: Health, Dental, Life insurance, 401K
- Work from home
- 25% travel requirement, majority of travel in Northeast