Cayaba Care is building support services to reimagine how we manage acute illness and improve outcomes in complex populations. The US is one of the most dangerous developed countries to give birth and these poor maternal-fetal outcomes disproportionately impact minority women and underserved populations across major US cities. Our team is focused on closing this gap through a combination of clinical and non-clinical services delivered in-home or in-office. The Cayaba Care model focuses on integration not a replacement of patients’ primary Obstetric provider and reducing any barriers to the patient receiving the recommended care.
What You’ll Do
- Deliver high-quality, evidence-based clinical care for women in the prenatal and postpartum period via telemedicine and in-person
- Serve as the clinical leader for a multi-disciplinary care team composed of RN, Case Managers, Social Workers, and Certified Medical Assistants
- Quality review of RN and CMA calls/documentation to ensure appropriate standards of care in care delivery
- Reviewing care plans and available for phone triage
- Serve as clinical liaison to patient primary Obstetrics provider
- Engage with clinical and other partners in the communities we serve
- Medical Director oversight provided but the ideal candidate should be comfortable with independent practice
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Cayaba Care is an opportunity to work towards addressing our country’s maternal and fetal health crisis. Our team of clinicians is working together to help improve health outcomes in underserved populations. Opportunities for advancement with increasing administrative or management opportunities. At Cayaba Care, we are focused on building a company where individuals from all backgrounds have the opportunity to succeed and contribute to our mission. Competitive compensation and benefits.
Who You Are
- You have direct patient care experience in an OB/GYN setting
- You must be able to independently assess and effectively treat acute illness, common pregnancy-related complaints, and perform minor in-office procedures
- Comfortable ordering and interpreting non-stress testing and performing limited-focused ultrasound for fetal viability, AFI’s etc.
- Passionate about serving minority, ethnically-diverse, and inner-city populations
- You have a proven work history of applying advanced principles of health promotion, prevention, and patient engagement.
- Knowledge of evidence-based practice guidelines plus an ability to quickly gain specific knowledge of current operational protocols
- Ability to document, with clarity, all information relevant to a patient’s needs
- Ability to effectively lead multidisciplinary care teams and present information in small group situations to patients, clinic staff, and community partners.
- Licensed Family NP or Adult-Gerontology NP
- Active license in New Jersey and Pennsylvania
- Minimum 2-years NP experience; Minimum 2 years OBGYN experience
- OGNP Certification a plus